Poland and Keppra prescription

Kozullah

Hi, I'm woundering, is here anybody from Poland who have HPPD? In my country neurologist don't want to give me a prescription for Keppra because it can be only prescribed when you have serious epilepsy. I'm on benzodizaepines now ( about 3 years) but I want to try Keppra because i've heard that it helps alot of people but it's impossible to get that i my sick country. If anybody can help or give me some advise I will be very grateful. Sory for my english and if I've posted in wrong place, mods please change the location of post. Peace for all HPPD sufferers :)

I'm having the same problem, even with printing off testimonies and a brief outline of the fabled keppra study. Theyre not really interested. You think it's a cost thing? Iis keppra a expensive drug on the nhs or are they looking at it from the side effect viewpoint ya think? 'm seeing my phsych on wed so if she palms me off the keppra route feck knows what il do. I've been on clono for three month (probs taking more than I should, like 2-3mg per day, maybe more), and decided to cut back as of today and only had 1mg. Felt a bit shit to be fair.

monkey, careful with cutting a dose of Klono like that.... 3 months, it is possible you will have a strong tolerance/addiction already and you can really harm yourself by cutting so fast. If today felt bad, and you still have alot of yesterday dose in your system, tommorow might be very bad.

Don't mean to scare ya, but get researching and maybe make a post in the med section.

That's it then. Fuckin NHS cutbacks lol. Even the Prozac I'm on the now is the generic shit. I don't see how an am dose of 250 mg and a pm dose of 250 mg Keppra will break the bank though. Ive a feeling id react quite well to it which is frustrating. (could be wrong). I'd pay for it if need be but theyve abolished the prescription payments over here at the mo. :/ guess I'll find out on wed.

How addictive is klono in comparison to Valium. I've had benders of Valium where I've maybe bought like 100 and took them all within two or three weeks like smarties and ran out and not bothered cos i just wanted a break. Then felt shit, but in a kinda dizzy, not right in a non hppd way. I'm assuming that's wd's. Feel a bit irritable today/night as well. Work should be fun tomorrow lol.

Il stick to .5 mg tomo morn n .5 mg at night for the rest of the week jay. Fair drop but il just man up. Or try at least. I somehow lost half my last script of clonos so now the doc/chemist is just filtering them out to me in weekly strips instead of a big monthly clumps. Probs better that way cos of my addictive personality. I think they're generic shit too so it might not be so bad. Lol. Just call me generic medman.

Sorry for hijacking your thread kozullah. :( I think you need to go down the whole route with printing off the 'keppra study' too and the testimonies and just hope for the best. Or just lie like jay says and say to your doc you have epilepsy/seizures and you've read that keppra is a fairly well tolerated med. lieing will deffo get you there quicker. Lol.

thanks for help but is not as easy to lie of epilepsy , 2 years ago before my EEG doctor told me that i must withdraw clonazepam by 3 days before EEG test. So i did it, and during the fotostimulation (one of stages in EEG test) i had an "attack" something similar to OOBE but more with panic i think . After then the left half of my body including head, hand etc hahe been petrified. The neurosurgeon came and give me some meds on my tongue. I don;t know what really hapened but in diagnosis they wrote " test was distorted of post-meds" ( i don;t know if I wrote it right , my english is very poor in words but it was about that clonazepam have distorted my test result) That was untrue beacause i've done what they tell me to do, i didn;t take benzo 3 days before test! Some other doctor told me that i shouldn;t take benzos 2 weeks before test (!) so i have feeling doctors know shit beacause different doctors said samoething different. In this sick country no one even heard about HPPD, my psychiatrist too. They think that if something is rare or not to comletely explain, that dont exist.My first psychiatrist 3 years ago was trying to convince me that i have shizophrenia and wanted to send me to a mental illness hospital! I don;t know what to do, they are all like concrete heads fools that don;t even listen what i have to say and they don;t want to see any studies...Its nearly impossible to get keppra and even i you have a prescription some how and you are not a "epileptic with anticonvulsants resistance" you have to pay somethin like a half of mounthly payment from work! If anyone can help for example sending me keppra for some prices... or i dont know how but something.ehh don;t have words for this country. Monkey be carefull with cuting benzo like Jay said. 5mgs is lot. Each week or even 2 weeks remove only e little bit of tablet usig a knife to paw. 3 months is not a long time but enough to have some efects of withdrawal but i think if you want to withdraw then will be no problem to do this if you do it slowly. PS if someoe have some ideas or somethin for getting keppra give me a sign

I just saw my physchiatrist today hoping to be prescribed keppra...finally, or at least to try it on a low dose. Palmed off (again), said this isn't america and prescribed me pregabalin instead, so I gotta go down that route for it to not work then maybe keppra. What a lot of shit. Pissed off, thought I was getting somewhere.