nutrition thread

Jay1

Not sure i've seen anyone ever post about this.... One of the 1st pieces of advice most people receive is to start eating well... But that doesn't mean the same thing to each person.

Here are a few foods that are healthy and also give you a "feel good" factor by boosting gaba and/or serotonin naturally:

Bananas, almonds, broccoli, brown rice, white fish, lentils, oats, whole grain, oranges, boiled potato, spinich, walnuts, whole wheat, turkey breast, tuna, salmon.

Try to cut down your bread, pasta, dairy and sugar intake (even fruit juices). Be careful with the amount of sauce or gravy you put on meals... They are full of fats and sugars. I tend to mix up a little olive oil, lemon, chilli and a touch of vinegar... That flavours the food, without having to coat it in ketchup or mayo.

If you are working out too (highly recomended), you need to eat plenty of protein and healthy carbs.... Tuna is a great sauce of protein, along with turkey or chicken breast and egg whites. Whey protein, as discussed in the body building thread, seems fine for hppd sufferers too.

A good resource i have found for nutrition and recipes is https://www.gabbyand...d.com/nutrition

I'm trying to eat better but I eat some amount of shit at times. Binge eat too when I'm down. I need more willpower, or actual any willpower would be good. Loadsa chicken, eggs and tuna though. And I've developed a taste for mackerel. Too much bread, pasta and pizza is my downfall. I'm 14st just now and I'm trying like a beast to get down to 13st (went out a 6 mile run today, gym session and a game of 7s tomorrow) but it's not budging much. Thyroids in control I think.

I had a couple of Mackerel on the bbq today, great fish... almost like chicken.

Yea, bread and pasta are the killers... especially if you eat them late on at night. I hope you're managing to stear clear of the deep friend mars bars though, ahah... dirty scots

Haha less of that. That's typecasting us. Lol

I had a complaint put against me at work, cos I always eat mackerel in the staff room and she thinks it's 'inconsiderate!!!' cos of the smell?? . She's a snooty cow like. It's straight outa tin, not like it's bloody fresh and cooked. Just straight on a plate with microwaved rice. A aargh, she does my nut in.

bread seems to drain me of any will - i just cant be bothered to do anything properly for a couple of hours after a couple of slices. Does that mean i'm gluten intolerant? Unexpected thing i've noticed is that since i have been watching what i eat (maybe last 2 years or less) and taking supps my skin seems to have started to age quite rapidly. Tho that may just be cos it becomes noticeable at my age anyway (34) or due to UVA skin damage from working outside for the last 10+ years, or due to some inflammatory problem that necessitates me taking these supps in the first place, or just cos i am more aware of what i do to my body and how it reacts (or maybe crows feet from giggling like an imbecile from taking too many drugs!). Also maybe cos of more animal protein = more methionine, which, despite being antioxidant and an essential amino acid, seems to slow ageing if restricted.