Dr. apt today-sinemet v keppra?

Ymmit

Ymmit alive and fairly well here in the midwest. seeing dr today, having been debating whether to go for a keppra script or sinemet. Decided going to try the sinemet if the dr will go for it. really hoping it might help with the dp/dr more than anything. any studies anybody knows about regarding just sinemet and hppd would love to have info. plus, i know there are tons of posts, so many that it makes it difficult to really wade through them, so I am just throwing it out there: has anybody experienced noticiable improvement with sinemet (in particular any improvement with dp/dr). if so, please post. I will update this post as things develop. Please send out positive karma vibes, as I could use a little "life boost" right about now. ymmit

Dr.'s apt. yesterday-FAIL! Wouldint go for the sinemet script, "outside scope of facilities general treatment protocals". Really didnt want the responsibility, although they said they would talk with my GP or whoever about prescribing it. We'll see. GIVE ME POSITIVE FEEDBACK ON SINEMET PEOPLE! (I always could be a demanding *uck :) ) ymmit

good idea about a neurologist. current issue is my old GP moved, my records are still at the "clinic" and always need a referral to see anyone. Going to try and see the "new" GP (dont even know who it is) next week and see if they will prescribe or if not at least give me a referral to neurologist. ymmit

Have you had any experience with Klonopin?

I've had excellent response with Sinemet ... but not for DR. A few who have had improvement with Sinemet say it helped their DR.

Do you have a recognized HPPD diagnosis? This is important.

Consider discussing with your new GP that Dr Abraham has done some trials with dopamine agonists. Tell your doctor impressive things like that he has a Nobel Prize. See post #93 in http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/302-medication-trial-dr-abraham/ and print for doctor. Note that there is no established treatment protocol. But 50% responded to Sinemet with tolcapone ... and that you are nervous to try tolcapone but have heard some get help with Sinemet alone.

Just an idea ...

Thanks for the response, visual. my hppd diagnosis is well documented with the medical college U of T. I was probably the 1st case they had seen and by and large they have been very helpful to me. I still take klono 1.5 mgs a day and function well. After 30 years though (I was 18 at the onset), I still have my struggles. Eternal battle I face is that I do strive for a place of "acceptance" (it is what it is) and resignation (I am going to feel this way the rest of my life, kind of a hope killer). Can wear me down. Going to keep working ln the sinemet, nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? ymmit