need help finding treatment where to start??

aussie1305

Hi everyone iv had hppd for just on a year now and in that time done very little about it i guess i figured if i ignored it for long enough it would go away, im just wondering wheres a good place to start with getting treatment iv talked to doctors about it but generlly they have the attitude of ive never hered of it so your wasting my time, its also hard for me to talk about somthing like this to someone i dont really no, does anyone no who i can talk to who will understand or at least no what im talking about like a counciller or somthing, i live in sydney australia so if by chance anyone has had seccess with a piticler person that would be very helpfull.

ps this website got me through some very hard times its just so conforting to no your not alone and that hppd is a real thing thank you very much for making this website

Aussie!----you gotta go to a psychiatrist, neuropsychiatrist, psychopharmacologist, family doctor (maybe) <....and a little psychotherapy would not hurt either>. Don't just go to a counselor because they can not treat you with medicine

(if that is actually what you need).