Hey everyone! Lookin for some help..

SominPhishy

Hey everyone! My name is jonah, im 18, and am looking for some advice/ help on my possible hppd case? Ive been freaking out to say the least..which im sure most of you understand. So here is my story..about 8 months ago i tripped on 2ci, 25 to 30mg.. I usually just stick to pot , so my trip was unpleasntly hard and awful...the days after i felt fine and continued to smoke pot. Pot has never been the same since however, causing alot of anxiety and just bad highs.. So for six months i was on a downward spiral starting to feel what i believe is dp/dr. I quit smoking about 2 months ago realising it wasnt helping. Iv'e been through a couple other family traumas in the last 6 months that could of also caused ptsd ( says the doc). So ive been 2 months sober now and am feeling like shit. Symptoms including dp/dr, depression and anxiety mostly. And im posting on this site because ive been feeling a slight 'trippy' feeling for a little while now(do you know the feeling? I hate it) i have floaters, static in dark rooms and blue skies(though the statics not too bad) and a little sensitive to light. I seem to be able toforget about these visuals for the most part when not freaking out about hppd (which im rarely not obssesing over). Do you guys believe i have mild hppd? Do you think the symptoms will go away if i stay sober? Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

• Upvote 1

Yea that sounds like HPPD. It doesn't sound too bad though, maybe just the initial stages. You should stop doing drugs for sure, at least for now. Also, it'd help to cut out caffeine and sugar and unhealthy foods in general for the time being. Feeling good physically affects the way you feel mentally so living the healthiest possible lifestyle is the best thing you can do for yourself right now. There really isn't a quick fix sadly enough. You've just gotta stay sober, eat healthy, get good amounts of sleep, and exercise and let time do it's thing. Cardio helps me feel a lot more grounded too. So try running or biking or something like that from time to time.

• Upvote 1

It might get temporarilly worse but overall It wont get worse unless you agrivate it. Stay sober. Alcohol might be ok occasionally once you are feeling well again but untill then stay 100% sober and never smoke weed again. Give it a few months and youll be feeling normal again, I had worse HPPD than you and am back to normal. Live healthy- eat well, take supplements (ecspeacialy brain related ones), exercise, and keep busy. You may also have to be wary of prescribed drugs like SSRIs or antibiotics , only use them if necessary because they have been reported to amplify HPPD in some people. Also stop looking for symptoms, ignore them and they will disapear faster. Good Luck!

• Upvote 1

well i really hope your right Ferret....and its nice to hear your feeling back to normal. I definantly am staying sober for a long while, even if this cures up completely, i wont be drinking for a while, just to be safe. Though it'll be tough as ill be a freshman in college this year. I'm hoping school keeps my mind off of all this though. I was actually prescribed today to take klonapin for 2 weeks, and im supposed to start taking lexapro (ssri). I told the doc theres a good chance i wont be taking the lexapro as i have heard its not good for hppd, though he wasnt knowledgable about hppd of course. I will take my small dose of Klonopin though i think cause lately with school and all this, my anxiety has shot through the roof terribly...Well thanks again for the comment sir. And good luck with staying hppd free for life!

• Upvote 1

Those 2c-x drugs are no joke. I always thought that HPPD could always be a co-diagnosis with PTSD alone, aside from regular stressor of life. So in your instance, it could seem even more difficult. I think the whole key IS for you to stay sober. Because most likely you will find that nothing seems to be the "remedy" that it used to be (i.e. weed, beer, etc.). Wear sunglasses, stay hydrated, eat well, sleep well**. Possibly a small amount of SSRI might help, small amounts of Benzodiazepines, NSAIDs, breathing into a paper bag... (or putting your shirt over your nose and mouth with the neckline and putting your hand over your nose and mouth somewhat firmly and breathing <2nd part optional..lol), biofeedback, water and TV.

• Upvote 1

Thanks to everyone for the replies..ughh everyday my psychological symptoms seem to be getting harder and harder to deal with, though visuals are really minimal.. I dont know if i should try to take the lexapro, or just try to keep myself occupied and hope somehow life will start to go back to normal, let time run its course? I just feel like i'm losing myself more and more everyday this goes on.

This disorder i think runs its course except for the sad truth of a small few whose HPP is TRULY persistant. Don't feel obligated to get on any medicine, but know it's there and that is an option for you, it is basically on you if you want to give Western medicine a chance. Some of these doctors are real smart, and they can help, and maybe you should ask someone who really understands how to treat you and see what they say.

Just an option.

I wouldn't take an SSRI if I were you. It could be helpfull but it could make things a lot worse, I don't think its worth the risk when there is a good chance that time will heal you in a few months. I'm also going to be a freshman at college this year. I've been drinking lately with no long term effects to my HPPD (I'll sometimes feel an increase in anxiety and visual snow for a few days afterwords) but I don't recomend trying that for quite a while. I hope it isn't hard for me to not go overboard in college.

stay away from ssris, but I'd suggest keppra. I've never tried it but I think it's supposed to get rid of that 'trippy' feeling and I also think it can help with ptsd. you should look into it though, that is if you stay sober for a while and nothing improves.

I am starting to totally disagree. Your visuals seem to be minimal but you are getting depression and anxiety right? .....SSRIs would seem right to me (esp. in really low doses). Some people could tell you to take St. John's Wort. St. John's Wort is an SSRI. And it may also be a GABA reuptake inhibitor. So i guess you could take the supplement route. Either way it's an SSRI.