Opiates/opioids and HPPD?

Alyssum

I never tried pentazocine, but I use kratom and tramadol, at least sometimes. And the beginning I was really fine with tramal. Everything felt just great and the symptoms didn't bother me at all. Now, after taking it too regularly, I have much increased visuals, mainly when there is tramal inside of me, but also afterwards, but it decreases pretty fast. And somehow these increased visuals are pretty cool. The CEVs are so vivid and when tramal does what it is emant to, you (at least I) feel just good.

These are only my experiences, and I know nothing about pentazocine. So, I guess you have to wait for someone else to give you a good answer...

I never tried pentazocine, but I use kratom and tramadol, at least sometimes. And the beginning I was really fine with tramal. Everything felt just great and the symptoms didn't bother me at all. Now, after taking it too regularly, I have much increased visuals, mainly when there is tramal inside of me, but also afterwards, but it decreases pretty fast. And somehow these increased visuals are pretty cool. The CEVs are so vivid and when tramal does what it is emant to, you (at least I) feel just good.

These are only my experiences, and I know nothing about pentazocine. So, I guess you have to wait for someone else to give you a good answer...

That sounds pretty cool. :) I wonder if tramadol increases visual effects after a while because of it's NMDA and muscarinic antagonist effects? Or maybe even serotonin release, or... I don't know, lots of things lol. I think I would be cautious of taking tramadol myself just because it's a dirty drug. (Dirty as in hits a wide range of receptors, not as in its effects.) But I'm glad to hear you've been able to take it without it really causing problems. ^_^ Pentazocine is fairly pure in effects so if you can take things like kratom and tramadol without issue then that gives me a good amount of confidence.... The only thing that really stands out about it I think is that it hits kappa-opioid receptors strongly as well and so it's said to have some dissociating effects at higher doses, however I smoked salvia recently with no negative reprocussions whatsoever (anxiety OR visuals), so I'm not really too worried about that.

Thanks for the response! It certainly gives me some hope. :) I'd love to know that there's still a new type of recreational drug I can still do without having to worry about the HPPD-related drawbacks, even if it's just occasionally. I'm already in that kind of situation with weed where it seems like rarely it's okay but I'll still need to mostly avoid it, so that doesn't bother me too much.

from wikipedia: "Side effects are similar to those of morphine, but pentazocine may be more likely to cause hallucinations and other psychotomimetic effects;".

I've never had any problems with hydrocodone but whenever I eat some oxycodone I start shaking, sweating,and getting pretty nervous towards the comedown. they always make my visuals better though. As far as anxiety goes, each one affects people differently...some people get really sick from hydrocodone but then they'll get 0 ill effects from oxycodone for example. I think that opioids like kratom and tramadol and pentazocine are kinda sketchy though, but hey if you don't care about visuals then go for it.

Also if I were you I wouldn't risk it with the salvia haha

This is what i think you are saying: you want something to get rid of your anxiety AND your visual disturbances, but you don't want rebound anxiety when you start coming off the benzodiazepines. I think you have a couple options.

1. You could take a very small amount of Lorazepam (1/4 to 1/2 mg) or Klonopin (like 1/16 to 1/4 mg) 2. Along with that take 2 ibuprofen OR 2 Tylenol along with 1/2 aspirin. (i prefer Ibupro. ........and you could substitute naproxin for Ibupro. if desired) When you take it make sure you take a bunch a water with it.

~Sounds like opioids are going to have little effect on you (or else you would have to take near fatal doses ... lol) You'd probably do just as good in your instance with Tylenol (<------it actually tricks the mind into thinking there is no pain instead of "killing" the pain or acting as an anti-inflammatory.)

My experience has been slightly higher visuals, but not really giving a shit. I find it a bit trippy though, but in a good way. I've only used codeine and suboxtone (?) though, we don't get the cool pills over in Europe.

This is very confusing to me. Naloxone / suboxone etc. are not opioid antagonists receptors? Oxycodone / Vidodin / methadone are not agonists?

I have long been thinking of trying some of these medications and it seems contradictory and confusing that some people experience changes with agonists and others with antagonists ....

I´ve tried some opium Re-builts and those influenced my HPPD clearly, my visual snow was increased and Trailing Ghosting too, my HPPD only is visual, it only relaxed me as i would be hardcore stoned from weed, as i dont have anxiety or panicattacks i cant tell you how it influences your personality, but the lets say "Trips" are always different...when i take kratom the perception enhancement sometimes differs , even using the same dosage, i think it depends on yourself...example: Lets say you take ecstasy without knowing , i think that would increase your visuals, but if you take with knowledge then you know what comes and it doesnt feels so strong anymore....Also the first Opiat-rebuild-Trip i had didnt enhanced my perceptions, but those after it did, dont know why

Suboxone contains this stuff called Buprenorphin and naloxone. Buprenorphin is an opioid: 20 to 50 times as potent as morphine! It is an agonist to most opioid receptors but it has such a wildly strong affinity to bind to some of these receptors that often it is hard to reverse an overdose. So in comes the naloxone: a drug used to reverse opioid overdose (used often for emergency heroin overdoses). Naloxone makes up only 1/4 of a pill of suboxone and is an inverse agonist at some of the opioid receptor sites. So basically, by binding with the receptor has an effect on the receptor, causing activity (unlike an antagonist<which binds and blocks and causes not much), but activity different than if an opioid was binding with the receptor. And in doing so, it blocks the opioids at some receptors, as it has been bound there. You see bupre. is so strong that w/o naloxone it would be a danger. And here is why it is used for opioid dependent people, partiality because it is safer than shooting up heroin, i believe. I hope that is as much in plain English as possible. I am learning myself and find that explaining it helps me understand (or re-understand) better.

Just wanna heads up about kratom. It made my HPPD full blown for 3 1/2 years ago and got so bad i ended up at the hospital for weeks. Now i need three types of medication to keep my symptoms under control.

The onset five years ago i can accept since it came from MDA and i new it was an ecstacy tab when i took it but still i have hard to get over the fact that i got full blown HPPD from the "safe" Kratom.

Kratom is legal in many countrys in europe, as it is sold as Ethnobotanic illustration material, you can order it easily on the internet.......may it blown your HPPD because there are more then 30 Ingerdients wich act: Indol- and Oxyindolalkaloide like Ajmalicin, Corynanthedin, Isomitraphyllin, Mitragynalin, Mitragynin, Mitraphylin, Mitraversin, Paynanthein, Speciogynin, Speciofolin und Stipulatin, the mainingerdient is Mitragyn. So i think atleast one of these blowed you up :(

Just wanted to say, I made some poppy seed tea the other day. It's pretty much just some cola mixed around with a bunch of poppy seeds to wash off the opium latex some of them have. this contains morphine, codiene, and all the other alkaloids found in opium. It felt great and I noticed about a 50% reduction in snow. It only reduced snow, though...weird

hehe yeah, i only used a 1/2 lb of seeds (was being cautious) but next time I'll try a whole pound and try to nod out for a little while, maybe that'll make all the snow totally go away, at least for a little while :)

btw to answer your earlier question, kratom is a plant. I think it's legal in most places but you can buy extracts or a bunch of leaves in bulk at headshops or on the internet.

Just wanna heads up about kratom. It made my HPPD full blown for 3 1/2 years ago and got so bad i ended up at the hospital for weeks. Now i need three types of medication to keep my symptoms under control.

The onset five years ago i can accept since it came from MDA and i new it was an ecstacy tab when i took it but still i have hard to get over the fact that i got full blown HPPD from the "safe" Kratom.

merkan, have you tried any real opiates or just the kratom when you had hppd?

Suboxone: There may be something to it (esp. for DP) They say naltrexone is good for dp but naloxone is better but usually naloxone is only injected so it is not a popular route.

Suboxone i am learning is made to prevent the injection of opiate pills but it seems that their may not be enough naloxone to stop people........