Keppra trial file.

Hey guys, who has this mythical 'Keppra study file' and how do I get it. I wanna print it out to show my phsych next time i see her. Taking into account I do all this on an iPad and I'm diabolical with computers, files etc. I'm just on my second (very small) (like 28 0.5mg....pitiful) script of clonazepam and its doing a good job. Can Keppra be taken itself or is it better used in conjunction with clonazepam or something else.

Cheers, kev

Sinemet sounds interesting too but i think my phsychs more likely to prescribe a drug like keppra related to epilepsy/migraine with a mood stabilising effect than sinemet for links with Parkinsons Disease. I really dont think she believes me about the whole hppd thing. (and thats not just paranoia). Shes obviously never came across it before. Shes interested in the whe visual thing though and i think shes linked it with migraine and GABA?! Wrong neurotransmitter Doc! Shes quite young for a phsych. Dont know if thats to my advantage or not....

Ha. Good plan visual.

Ok, next appt il wear a tank top to give her a first class ticket to the gun show!!

Seriously though, is sinemet the only drug that increases dopamine? And on what side effects terms (or any terms) would she potentially not prescribe me sinemet. I'm probably low in every neuro-chemical. (how do you know your low in dopamine as opposed to say serotonin or noradrenaline or any of the rest?)

Seriously though, is sinemet the only drug that increases dopamine?

Good old wiki give a comprehensive list http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dopaminergic Under References, 'show' all the things listed. Note: some of these reduce dopamine and some of these are research chemicals not taken by humans. For side effects, you have to look up under each one.

is there a natural way to increase dopamine so we can test if we feel better or not?

Yes and no. There are some things to try but they are weak compared to meds, affect more that dopamine, and affect dopamine in the body more than the brain. Nevertheless, some have reported slight improvement with L-Tyrosine. Look under 'Others' for some items listed ... even simple vitamins.

I take a fair dose of supplements and l-dopas one of these (about four capsules a day).allthough no doubt it wont get through the blood/brain barrier bullshit. All this stuff gives me a sore head just reading about it and trying to take it in so your lucky visual in that you totally get it and seem to thrive on the info. It must be beneficia/ to your own treatment anyway.

In an ideal world it seems like a low(ish) dose of keppra, a low(ish) dose of sinemet and a couple of mg of klonopin every 3 or 4 days and id be fine and dandy.lol. but then i bet something else dodgy would squeeze out into a diff part of my brain. My dodgy thing just now is sleep...4/5 hours of broken sleep a night tops! Thats why i wonder if keppra inhibits shit in the hippocampus/amygdala would that get me a better kip cause its my subconscious thats throwin up crap 24/7, and i exercise as much as someone with hppd nervous system/fatigue can possibly do so its not like im not physically exhausted at the end of the night. It sucks.

On a side note i came off prozac and went on zoloft for 3 months and though i hated the feeling and side effects of zoloft more one thing that seemed to improve was the sharpness of my vision (not so blurred) and slight better depth perception which i dunno if its down to zoloft having a bit more to do with dopamine recepters than pzac?

Im the total same the medical side totally locks my brain up

Every profession has its own language. Until you get the drift its agony trying to understand. Then with medicine/science you get metabolic chemistry, genes, neurology, ... It can be a whirlwind. If they just knew what they were doing, we wouldn't have to be bothered.

My dodgy thing just now is sleep...4/5 hours of broken sleep a night tops!

Poor sleep is bad. Are you on any medications right now?

Just 40 mg of Prozac in the morning. Can't blame that for shit sleep because I used to sleep fine on it for years after first getting on it. That was years ago mind you. tried melatonin for a couple of weeks not long ago and that helped a bit, but still nowhere near the 7,8 9 hours of unbroken sleep I used to get. I just can't get a handle on it. If I could sleep I reckon my levels of hppd would drop big time. It's pretty linked. My brains in a bit of a hyper mode just now, but it can go into modes for a week or so at a time too where all I wanna do is sleep and it feels like narcolepsy a bit. Usually through the day.

Can't blame that for shit sleep because I used to sleep fine on it for years after first getting on it.

While not blaming Prozac specifically, it is important to know that how a person reacts to a med changes over time. This is basially true a all meds continuously. How Prozac affects you now will be somewhat different than years ago ... and if you decide to reduce dose, you now have to deal with 'discontinuance problems'. The effect of all meds that I take (including Sinemet) is different now then at first. Meds for brain function seem particularly subject to change - and why not ... the brain/body adjusts to whatever you put into it.

Serotonin is relaxing and helpful for sleep. That is why it is naturally highest at bedtime and lowest when you get up. To begin with, what happens if you take your Prozac a couple hours before bed instead of the morning?

Not getting sleep is hard on the brain and body. Not that sleep meds are great either, but chronic sleep loss is harmful (including 'gene silencing'). So finding ways to improve sleep will improve lifestyle now and in the future.

I always feel best in the AM. Like visually shits a bit wild...but mentally im fucking solid. And i can feel in the shower to the time i eat my anxiety and wierd thoughts building. Seratonin blockers may work?

Also explains why im edgy and worried as hell at night time