Marijuana?

Marijuana?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Does marijuana affect your HPPD or DP/DR symptoms?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't smoke weed anymore

I'm just curious, for those of you who've smoked weed after getting HPPD or DP/DR what kind of effect has it had on you?

I've been two years without HPPD and I'm considering trying weed again but I have a part of me telling me it's probably a bad idea and the HPPD and DP/DR could come back.

However since my HPPD and DP/DR dissappeared I've been able to use SSRI's and anti-psychotics without any flareup or return of symptoms, whereas before both classes of drug were out of the question.

Just curious.

Ugh if I could go back in time and stop myself from smoking the first 6 months of HPPD I think I'd be cured by now. I really wish I can smoke after my visuals go away but I have a bad feeling it will bring symptoms back :(

• Upvote 1

Ugh if I could go back in time and stop myself from smoking the first 6 months of HPPD I think I'd be cured by now. I really wish I can smoke after my visuals go away but I have a bad feeling it will bring symptoms back :(

I almost smoked today, my brother just lets me take from his stash and smoke what I want, I think he really wants me to smoke again. I'm more of an alcohol person though. I'm a writer, and the two somewhat go and hand in hand from a purely ego-ish this is what I imagine myself to be sort of way. Thankfully the nicotine keeps me away from it. . . Future wise I planned on cashing in on the huge surge of marijuana acceptance and starting a legal grow in Colorado with a few buddies in a couple years. Which is ironic. Anyways, I attribute marijuana to my onset of increased visuals considering that prior to increased use I was drinking and loving life all dandy like. I had actually planned to quite, but that smell and taste of nuggety god likeness just reeled me back in. So, in hindsight I too regret my use of the delicious plant. :(

I'm just curious, for those of you who've smoked weed after getting HPPD or DP/DR what kind of effect has it had on you?

I've been two years without HPPD and I'm considering trying weed again but I have a part of me telling me it's probably a bad idea and the HPPD and DP/DR could come back.

However since my HPPD and DP/DR dissappeared I've been able to use SSRI's and anti-psychotics without any flareup or return of symptoms, whereas before both classes of drug were out of the question.

Just curious.

You are so lucky to have gone two years with no HPPD. Do you really want to risk that? Why have you taken anti-psychotics post HPPD? How does drinking effect you?

You are so lucky to have gone two years with no HPPD. Do you really want to risk that? Why have you taken anti-psychotics post HPPD? How does drinking effect you?

In reading the results of the poll and the replies, no, I don't want to risk it. Tis a shame because I've been having some massive weed cravings for some reason.

In terms of anti-psychotics, I'm prescribed them to control my anger.

As for drinking, it does what it's supposed to? I get no visuals or dp/dr from it.

It's interesting........what is the cause of the anger? (aside from the normal things lol) ......And do you feel like people prescribe you antipsychotics to "quiet you down"? Or you take them for your own reasons?

WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU SAY!? I'LL FUCKING KILL YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111

Just kidding. I take them of my own free will.

I guess I'm just angry at life. I've had so many setbacks that I blame everyone around me for it when really I just need to chill out. The Risperdal helps me do that.

You must of had a bad HP-episode, i did too and at one point i was on Risp. It was the best out of all of those atypicals, i thought. I've also had some major, major setbacks, where basically i haven't been able to do what i wanted or needed to do with my life for like probably 10 year (give or take). You just got to get to a point where you manage yourself and minimize your exposure to negativity. I don't believe in breaking you down to build you back up. Now is the time to feel good about yourself and feel good about everything you're doing.

The only reason I'm able to still smoke if I feel like it is medication. If I wasn't on so many anti-anxiety meds I would have panic attatcks like crazy.

When I smoke I just use regular stuff and mainly for pain not even for fun.

This topic has been brought up 1000x's over on this board. I've heard so many say there visuals got much worse after smoking.

My hppd, dp/dr ect.. has always been so bad, I'm not sure if it gets much worse, especially because I've had panic anxiety dis. my whole life. Once hppd was added to the equation you can imagine.

All I know is if I didn't have full blown hppd, there's now way in hell I'd take the chance of smoking after being on this board.

I stopped everything for the first 5 yrs and when I noticed I was never getting better I started taking more chances. I'm just saying don't do any drugs the first 3 yrs atleast, you might still have a chance of hppd going away!

You just have to be productive and fight through it like ppl do w/ many other disorders.

• Upvote 1