just realised something

This may and probably will sound daft. A week or so ago I freaked out because a large dark red spot came into my vision. Stayed thre for 10 minutes then left. I know migraine aura sufferers report zig zag patterned blindspots...i didnt see the classic sort of burst pattern, what I did see what a whitish grey square form....then as I looked at it, it coloured itself in. But it wasnt a natural darkening. It was like someone with a pen doing a scribbled intricate zig zag pattern in light blue/white, then it turnedto the dark red. This could mean hppd and pma are linked after all. Maybe I have pma and it kicked off coinsidently at the same time I took drugs. Would also explain my random flare ups and fluctuation of symptoms, I get headaches every few days but I wouldnt describe them as migraines I dont think

hmm in my opinion its one and the same. caused by the same underlying cause. also in my opinion they have to affect the same parts of the brain. but technically they are called diffrent because of the diagnostic criteria. as for PMA you need to have had migraines before it persistet and for HPPD you had to have used a hallucinogen before the onset. (think my "have had" grammer is wrong sorry^^). these disorders are called because of their trigger not because of their underlaying cause which nobody knows for sure atm.

people with HPPD will benefit of new insights of pma and visa verse. i think that is why dr goadsby and dr shankin do research in both groups and call their research "visual snow a new disease entity distinct from migraine aura"

yeah there are defenatly diffrences. first the form of trigger. but i think the most symptoms are one and the same. the only one i never heard of somebody with PMA/VS is ghosting. but all other symptoms are congruent. people with PMA also report movement, color confusion and micropsia/macropsia. i dont say that you can call the disorders one and the same thats not technically possible with the existing diagnostic criteria.

i have an example if you have a sniff its (mostly) caused by your noses mucosa. of course there are diffrent triggers like bacteria, viruses or allergic reactions. but your body always reacts in the same way in a swelling of your mucosa. the treatment varies(which also could be possible for HPPD and PMA) and there are maybe a few diffrent symptoms.

but to be sure about this it would be necessary to make a study with People with HPPD, PMA and a controll group.

Definately something interesting to think about. I definately think visual snow pma and hppd are linked. Its wierd as hell but im hoping we make the advqnces we need to and get a cure, even a management method. Im happy how I am, the only thing that plagues me is the thought of worsening, even a pill to freeze development would make me cry in happiness

I'm thinking some of those visual things should start going away 6,7,8 months after 1st HP signs. Yeah it feels like one step forward, 2 steps back. Once the visual stuff goes away, then it will be time to start building yourself back up from the ground up. It's a really debilitating and when it's all over you feel like you have just given birth to an elephant lol ....well in a way.... Then you are able to get some traction, get out of the red, and start getting into positive headway in terms of progress and becoming everything you envisioned yourself being (b4 this all happened). There may be only one thing you're gonna learn after all this: patience.

"What a looong, strange trip it's beeeen....."

-"Truckin'" - the Grateful Dead

• Upvote 1

I'm thinking some of those visual things should start going away 6,7,8 months after 1st HP signs. Yeah it feels like one step forward, 2 steps back. Once the visual stuff goes away, then it will be time to start building yourself back up from the ground up. It's a really debilitating and when it's all over you feel like you have just given birth to an elephant lol ....well in a way.... Then you are able to get some traction, get out of the red, and start getting into positive headway in terms of progress and becoming everything you envisioned yourself being (b4 this all happened). There may be only one thing you're gonna learn after all this: patience.

"What a looong, strange trip it's beeeen....."

-"Truckin'" - the Grateful Dead

Been listening to Truckin all day!