Different sized pupils?

When everyone else got their hppd did anyone find out their pupils were different sizes to each other sometimes? Mines was (and still are). Not massively different but enough for me to notice. But they react fine to light getting shined in them, they constrict and stuff. It's always annoyed me though. Just wondering if anyone else got this and what it might mean.

Pregabalin (Lyrica) is the 'Brand Name' replacement for Gabapentin (Neurontin) which is now generic.

These two generally work the same. Individuals have preferences. However, a pharmacist told me that Lyrica has addictive effects that Gabapentin does not.

I am open to try Lyrica but between $$$, Gabapentin working well, and some bad reports I've heard ... I haven't. [ Bad reports are heard for everything so I usually don't worry too much about them ]

Check your costs, then ask your psych, "Why not try Neurontin?" since its been around 20 years longer. He may have a good reason but most just want to look like they are keeping up to date or to try newer ones to see if it works better.

at the very beginning of my hppd my left pupil looked like it's breathing. It extended and got smaller in the rhythm of my breathing. looked kind of scary. The right pupil was not affected by that.

Now, both of them do not react on light correctly. they need lots of time to adjust to the amount of light and sometimes it looks as if they get bigger, when there is a bright light. shouldn't it be the other way around?

Yeah, generally pupils should dilate in the dark and vasolate in light conditions. I suppose as everyone's hppd has individual attributes so does each different eye mechanisms to mirror the neuronal changes. My right pupil has been larger than the left for the last three or four days, and today I felt a wee change in my brain and sure enough my left pupil had swapped round and is bigger now. A pupil dilating with breathing could be a cool party trick though.

Pupils are controled by the autonomic nervous system. When they are uneven, it is considered a neurological issue. If they a extremely different, it is considered a medical emergency.

So, it is part-n-parcel that some get this with HPPD.

One member had overly large (but even) pupils that normalize when he takes Sinemet.

Dopamine is one of the neurotransmitters of the sympathetic nervous system (1/2 of the autonomic nervous system).