Important: Administration and future of the board!

Merkan

Right now i am the only active administrator on the board. Although i have been mostly "cleaning" the board from spam (last time i checked there were about 911 people banned, mostly due to spam), there is a lot of different issues to attend too. In the admin group we have some people that are no longer active (since the rebirth of the board) and actually i am a bit worried about the future. Its not just the admins but also a lot of experienced users that are no longer active. Actually, when i first got here five years ago, no one except David is still active. I know there are a couple that was there then but not that i remember.

I have limited access in my role as an administrator though experienced and it would be terrible if the rebirth that looked so succesful for some time, comes to a halt.

I believe that we need to revide the administration with someone with the responsibility to keep things running smoothly aswell as promote some new, hungry and devoted members to the admin section. We cannot all rely on David doing all the work. My question is if there is enough devotion to these tasks?

Exciting things are happening in research right now so there should be some interest in this.

I already incorporated some of the sections on the board that gets little attention to other sections just to keep things more easy to control.

When administrating the board you check for spam, often this is reported by members. It also means that you look out for posts that members create that can be offensive. That means that you delete the post and notify the poster. Before using tools as banning, you might wanna consult other administrators.

One other thing is to move posts to the right section. However, i have pretty much given up on this task since everyone except a few post everything in general.

Basically, making sure that the board runs smoothly without any troublemakers getting at it. It also means a bit of extra responsibility about your own posts, as well as your action as admin.

I think the reason for that is often if people post during peaks of anxiety or bad attacks they just want advice they dont notice where to do it

Well certainly Id put myself forward for it. Im currently looking for jobs so iv got alot of time on my hands to help out.

I would do it but I haven't had HPPD that long. I think mandy would be good but the same goes for him. I nominate visual, I think he would be a great admin. Hope1 is a possibility because he is dedicated but he can be overly agressive sometimes.

Someone should probably work on a roll call to see how many members are still "with us."

Sorry for the morbidity but it's a very sad but real possibility.

As nomination goes, it really isnt that important. For David and admin section its rather easy to evaluate who gets admin status but more important is that the person raises his/her hand up and wants to do these tasks. For instance, visual is one of the best things happened to the board in a long time but he must feel like "this is something I wanna do". When it comes to knowledge and research he is unreplacable.

Administration is not a fancy task to shine with.

I'd be up for being a mod but I've only had HPPD for 6 months and don't know as much about it as some others do. Anyways, I'm on the computer a lot and would be happy to help out the board, so my hand is raised.

• 3 weeks later...

I would help out a bit and i've had separate instances of persistant-flashbacks in ~15 years but i am rough around the edges in more ways than one, i can be crass, brash, opinionated, and sometimes aloof; other times i can be a pathetic mess. lol So that's where I'm at. lol

• 1 month later...