DSM 5 Criteria update?

alice-acid

I have read in various places that there has been some kind of change in the criteria for the diagnosis for HPPD or something along those lines in the DSM-V. Does anyone know anything about this? It's basically impossible to find the actual changes made anywhere but maybe i'm not looking hard enough, and i don't fancy actually buying it :P 

• Upvote 2

I believe the DSM section on HPPD is very lacking in thoroughness. HPPD is way more than in the DSM-IV. Have´nt read DSM-V, but it looks like it is a bit longer in it´s description but still too little about it. I live in Europe and they use the ICD-10 that does´nt list HPPD. I have tried to tell doctors to look in the DSM-IV, but they seem sort of indifferent when I mentioned it. The only exception was my GP who looked it up and gave me Keppra.  

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I understand the question properly but DSM will probably affect different areas of the brain than MDMA, Hallucinogens, etc. So yes the "criteria" may be different. By criteria I think you mean symptoms. They are somewhat varying in different degrees in all of us. Some have worse visuals, some have worse anxiety.