What do you do in a day?

Just curious, what people do in a day.

I try to walk in the city and 4 hours after that I need a 2 hours sleep. After that I smoke alot and sit in my house.

Sit behind my computer, and trying to think about a solution or when i am going to kill myself.

Mostly is my DP/DR the main problem of my hppd. Also have visual snow and CEV's.

Its so fucked up, everything what i do i dont like, i dont smile, no emotions except hate and anger.

• Upvote 1

i work work work.. work some more.. work a lil more.. play with my dog.. smoke smoke work smoke.. pretend to sleep for 6 hrs while sleeping for a few minutes... rinse repeat.. substitute with 4 hours of sleep at best on nights i take ambien .. tv generally on but ignored in background... take a break every so often for backgammon

Basically I stay home all day and browse reddit and play games. I go outside to do errands and such but i mostly stay home. Ill be going back to school in sept and i wonder what thats going to be like. I havent really needed to use my cognition yet since i got hppd, so I guess i could be totally screwed. We'll see.

Work on my house when I'm not working. I swim alot, it really helps with the anxiety and muscle tension. Drink beer about 2-3xs a week and chill with my wife and dogs.

"disguyhere" try not to take ambien every night, I used to and after a month I completely stopped sleeping until I quit ambien.

"hppd33" I really feel your pain about not being able to enjoy things you used to love. Half the time that happens to me as well. But the other half I enjoy so I figure better then nothing. We only live once might as well ride it out feel better ;)

oh i know 1998... i started off not wanting to take more than 1/2 every 4 days to stave off dependence ... that only worked for so long and then 1/2 pills failed to put me out.. then full pills wouldnt put me out.. etc etc .. i've since gone back to once every 3-4 days, and just deal with not sleeping well the in between nights. not so much the ambien causing that though, more the things that caused me to need the ambien in the first place getting worse. eventually whether i take ambien or stop for months im still not going to get much sleep at all so right now im all about getting what i can while i can. 

work a bit on my app, work a bit on new app ideas.... go to the pool, chill in the sun, go to the gym, play bass for a while, maybe hit the beach, if there are waves to surf, go for a few beers a couple of times a week. Occasionally go out and film videos for my app.

on paper, my life is just about perfect.... of course, we all know different.,... but my struggles are made a million times easier by working from home, doing something i love and by the decision i took 11 years ago to move out of a city in UK, working 9-5... to live by the beach in Portugal as a freelancer.

If you hate your life, change it.

work a bit on my app, work a bit on new app ideas.... go to the pool, chill in the sun, go to the gym, play bass for a while, maybe hit the beach, if there are waves to surf, go for a few beers a couple of times a week. Occasionally go out and film videos for my app.

on paper, my life is just about perfect.... of course, we all know different.,... but my struggles are made a million times easier by working from home, doing something i love and by the decision i took 11 years ago to move out of a city in UK, working 9-5... to live by the beach in Portugal as a freelancer.

If you hate your life, change it.

Sun, no clouds, No people to talk to is great. Just watch the world, and be accepted. Only thing i wish i could drink beer to forget all this shit :( but im taking too much medication, so i dont dare it anymore. :(

I also want to leave the country, only thing is I will be alone, and with (mine) our condition its hard to make friends. 

I work full time at a job I hate but it pays OK for me not being able to finish college.  I live by myself with my dog.  I work 5 days a week, hang out and drink with my only friend I still hang out with regularly when I have a day off.  I play disc golf when the weather is nice.  It's a good thing for me.  I watch movies on and off, sometimes read.  I've done martial arts here and there my whole life so when the opportunity presents itself and I can afford it I train in various ones.

That's about it really... I'd like to find a girlfriend and settle down.  The internet dating scene is rough... and I don't really meet anyone at work often (I've been dating girls I've met at work for years now and I need to stop before my luck runs out).  I need to expand my social circle a bit I think. 

I think I'm fairly "normal" socially, although I don't really know what that means anymore.  I think things can be rougher if you're younger than say, post 30.  I'd rather have a few close friends than socialize with people I don't care for in the little free time I have.

I work full time at a job I hate but it pays OK for me not being able to finish college.  I live by myself with my dog.  I work 5 days a week, hang out and drink with my only friend I still hang out with regularly when I have a day off.  I play disc golf when the weather is nice.  It's a good thing for me.  I watch movies on and off, sometimes read.  I've done martial arts here and there my whole life so when the opportunity presents itself and I can afford it I train in various ones.

That's about it really... I'd like to find a girlfriend and settle down.  The internet dating scene is rough... and I don't really meet anyone at work often (I've been dating girls I've met at work for years now and I need to stop before my luck runs out).  I need to expand my social circle a bit I think. 

I think I'm fairly "normal" socially, although I don't really know what that means anymore.  I think things can be rougher if you're younger than say, post 30.  I'd rather have a few close friends than socialize with people I don't care for in the little free time I have.

that first sentence felt like i was writing it :| ... most of the last two as well... its scary how similar some of the people on here's experiences can be. and yet how completely different the circumstances that brought them there are. ah the human condition :\

Pretty much this: 

Hahaha that was brilliant

I sleep in late. Play with my ipad in bed. Get up around 1 pm. Eat and go record shopping. Go to the library. Maybe meet up with a couple friends. Occasionally go to the gym. Come home and fart around the house. I go to shows when I'm in the mood which is very rare these days. I'm in a band kinda. We never practice anymore. I go to thrift stores a lot. I'm like a fuckn 80 year old trapped in a 28 year olds body. I'm tired all the time and I can't think straight. I barely have anything to say most the time. I do have some days where I feel better but everyday is a gamble and today is going to be a shit one. I always feel hungover and I don't even drink. Time to get up and get this over with. Better days ahead right?

• Upvote 1