CBD Strains of Marijuana

What do you guys know about this? Any interest in trying it? Usually these strains have around 5% or less THC and the CBD can range from 5 to 12%.

From what I understand the CBD is considered an anti-psychotic, and negates the psychedelic side of the plant, resulting in a very

warm, and lazy body high. Understandably this depends on the strain and THC content. I have friends who had a similar problem to HPPD. Basically, their bodies said no more marijuana, and they would get really high and feely very trippy, and uneasy. Lots of paranoia and anxiety attacks. That's how HPPD started for me, and I ignored it, eventually getting crazy high and having some sort of "episode", which I believe resulted in my HPPD. I have a friend who tried a very high CBD content strain, and said it was like smoking for the first time again. All giggles, and he was couch locked for an hour. He still smokes it regularly but can't touch any crazy THC strains.

I guess the main reason I am interested in it, is because my HPPD came from a really bad high on some super 20 something% strain. What if this like negated what the marijuana did? This sounds really uneducated, i'm sure. This is pure, illogical conjecture, haha. I also miss smoking, as i'm sure many of you do.

So would you try it? I'm very tempted to start looking for a way to get a strain. Who knows what sort of effect the CBD's could have, maybe it will be a really beneficial one. Maybe it won't.

• Upvote 1

Some of those CBD strains look perfect. I'm gonna try and get my hands on some for medicinal purposes. But seriously, for once, that's why.

Damn, thats a long time. It's been a few months for me. I just wasn't enjoying it anymore, at all. Wish I had stopped sooner. I probably wouldn't be dealing with this.

I made a thread about this a while ago.

Also, I would stay away from strawberry cough as it has an extremely low CBD profile and is a Sativa, which are known to cause anxiety in most. CBD is also not couch lock causing, the strain your friend would of smoked would of been an Indica, they are usually more medical than Sativa due to their high CBD content. CBD is in fact stimulating, so if there is enough CBD and very low THC you will have a VERY functional medicine.

This was my thread and what I posted:

http://hppdonline.com/index.php?/topic/740-cannabidiol-cbd/

"I have been meaning to get around to this topic for a while but don't visit the forums much anymore because of the drama and I have also not had much time.

The compound is a cannabinoid found in the Cannabis plant, Cannabidiol unlike THC (the stuff that gets people stoned) is not psychoactive, therefore it cannot cause you to trip out like THC would. This compound CBD has a VERY large amount of medical studies behind it, it is the cannabinoid in the plant that holds most of the medicinal value. I would share some of studies and what else it can help but I advise you people to do that to see how amazing this cannabinoid is, I'm just going to stick to why it might be very helpful for us.

CBD has been proven to help anxiety, that in itself is a benefit to all of us, I know for my self that if I was able to effectively and safely (CBD is safe unlike benzos and other pharm medications) treat my anxiety that would be most of my problems taken care of.

The reason I think this compound would be beneficial to us directly is because it is (from reading medical journals/studies) a 5-HT2a receptor agonist. I posted a while back a thread about my theory about 5-HT and it's relation to our symptoms, I found that drugs like LSD, magic mushrooms, MDMA etc are Antagonists for these receptors, THC I also think is an antagonist. THC is known to cause anxiety while on the drug (I'm not sure exactly if it can re-wire the brain and cause mental illness in and of itself or if it is just a trigger to those predisposed, I won't leave that to discussion though as it is going off topic) and also paranoia. CBD, on the other hand does the exact OPPOSITE, it is been said to be as effective as atypical antipsychotics.

So in simple terms, THC bad for our symptoms and in theory CBD good.

Now, it's not as easy as just smoking cannabis, well it is, BUT the cannabis grown these days are known for having high levels of THC. People want to get high, so they grow these strains that have enourmous levels of THC so they can get high. As of the last couple years though CBD has come to many peoples attention, mainly in the medical world, the benefits of this compund are amazing! This is why a lot of scientists and growers are trying to breed high CBD plants with low THC, that means you won't get high, but you will get the medical benefits.

This is great, but the thing is unless you live in a country with legal or medically available cannabis then this medicine is illegal, even though it won't get you high. I'm sure there are people here though that would be able to apply for medical cannabis. I'm not telling anyone to go out of their way and do something illegal here, I am just sharing information, so please don't go doing anything that would break the law. I would however, love to hear if this could be available to someone, legally, and hearing their testimonial towards, because I really do think this would be a benefit to our symptoms and safe too compared to all the drugs that are out there."

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info balance! It seemed plausible when I thought about it. I think it's worth a try. I'm on the edge of being cured, I think. So i'm not worried about this messing me up too much. I'm always on the edge of being cured, though. Anyways, i'm going to see if I can get some CBD strains. Might take a while, but i'm going to try!

I have first hand knowledge of the strain, [was at the time] the most effective mj strain IMO for anxiety.

[may be different with HPP]........CBD levels do seem low on 2nd look.

So you'd probably be looking for something like the strain Harlequin.

Perhaps you could smoke actual rope, or hemp-quality strains. [just a joke]

This is fascinating stuff especially as I love a smoke haven't done it for ages due to wanting to recover and bot sure whether weed would effect it or slow down prospects of recovery plus alcohol is out the question as it really messes with my stomach even just like 3 or 4 drinks I'd really love to get high again and if CBd strains may be ok I'll be all over that I mean I smoked weed before whilst having hppd and it only ever made my hppd visuals worse just made the snow thicker whilst on it then symptoms returned to normal so makes me wonder if any weed would make this worse be interested to hear people experiences with hppd and weed

Yeah, I think if the CBD is farily higher than the THC there should be no problem. I think in the interest of experimentation, I will attempt this in a few weeks. Obviously a very low thc, and a very high cbd would be optimal. I saw a strain somewhere listed a 2%Thc and 7%Cbd, so it think it would be something a long those lines.

Keep us updated please! I've been wanting to try it for over a year now but have been unable to because it's too risky doing so being in Australia! Best of luck mate!

Edit: Just looked at the product, it doesn't seem to have any CBD. CBD is also illegal because it is a part of the cannabis plant, I also think that the government also own the patent to CBD, which is no suprise, no profit to be made, ban it! Pricks!

It has CBD, the CBD in it comes from hemp plants which is legal. It is the "hemp oil" in the ingredient list. I'll be ordering on the first or second of next month, and will update when I get it in. Need to get some money first!

Below I have provided a link from the site, stating that the active ingredient in their products is CBD. Scroll towards the bottom of the page.

http://dixiex.com/in...cbd-information

Dude, just forget about it. CBD strains still have THC and any THC is bound to make your symptoms worse in the long run. TRUST ME. I smoked regs for a long time post hppd and it didnt do shit. Just learn to live with HPPD on it's own. Accept it and it'll start diminishing or at least stop taking such a heavy toll on your life. The sooner you get used to the idea of a life without drugs (except the occasional benzo :D) and alcohol, the better. If anything one or two beers. Ive read too many reports of DPDR retriggering from a bad drunk. Fuck that. Not goin through it again. I was happy once, im gonna be happy again.

THC with a strong balance of CBD would be essentialy counteratcted. CBD is what negates the psychotropic effects THC has. 99/100 whatever you are smoking has 0 CBD. This is because of an ignorance in the marijuana growing community. People think more THC=better everything. When in fact it is a healthy balance of all things within the chemical structure of the cannabis plant that makes a good strain. CBD's are responsible for many of the bennefits of cannabis, and the bennefits it is able to bring out in conjuction with THC. For example, THC is said to reduce intraocular pressure, which I belive could possibly help reduce some HPPD symtpoms. I seriously doubt anything you have ever smoked had hardly any CBD in it. It has not, until fairly recently recieved attention within the growing community. Honestly, it was probably only to legitmize the idea that cannabis has value as a medical alternative. Most of these CBD strains were practically unheard of, and were either bred for CBD over a long period of time, or were tracked down in various parts of the world. Now, obviously caution is advised, as this is based on speculation, anecdotes and what little research is to be had with out an actual first hand account. However, I do belive if you, or anyone with somewhat less severe HPPD symtpoms were to consume a fairly heavy CBD strain, even with a bit of THC in it, you would be fine. And, ideally benefit from it.

That being said, i'm not saying everyone should go out and start sparking up. I have very mild HPPD, and little to no DP/DR. So I am choosing to guinea pig myself, and see how it goes. I am trying a CBD concetrate first, obviously with no THC in it. I do, in time hope to smoke CBD heavy cannabis, though.

• Upvote 1

Theres no such thing as no thc though...listen man, point is, youre not gonna heal that way, if you dont get worse youll at best stay the same...i had your symptoms when this started...very mild, not intrusive, and now i live in hell...i didnt even get mild dp for a whole year, but it hit eventually...you can try, but youre probably just foolin yourself man

Yes, there is. The CBD I am trying comes from Hemp. There is no THC in it, otherwise it would be illegal to sell. I think there is a very real possibilty that it will have a positive effect. Like I said, I wont be trying any CBD marijuana any time soon. Rather than be glum, and say whats the point? I'm willing to a try a variety of different things to see if they help. I have no DP/DR. I had DP/DR for about a week, but I got over it very, very quickly. I have only visual symptoms. Simply saying you aren't going to heal that way doesn't mean anything to me, unless of couse you have real reasoning to back it up. Also, as I said, a very small amount of THC in a CBD strain would actually be ideal.

I understand where you are coming from Boogres. I think the concentrate of CBD would be more beneficial than the marijuana, in some ways. I have a friend who had mild HPPD, who lives in San Fran, and smokes CBD marijuana, only. He says it hasn't cured him, but it hasn't made him worse. He doesn't trip out, though. Like he would with a full blown THC strain.